General Claims Procedures
- 01: Connect with your insurance agent. Your agent is your primary contact when it comes to your insurance policy – they should understand your situation and how to proceed. Once you give your agent a detailed list of all the items that were damaged or lost, and any photos or videos that help to explain the circumstances, an adjuster will follow up with you to continue the claims process.
- 02: Claim investigation begins. After the claim has been reported, it will need to be investigated by an adjuster to determine the amount of loss or damages covered by your insurance policy. The adjuster will also identify any liable parties, and you can help the process by providing any witness information or other parties’ contact information.
- 03: Your policy is reviewed. Once the investigation is complete, the adjuster will go through your policy carefully to determine what is and isn’t covered under your policy, and inform you of any applicable deductibles that may apply to your case.
- 04: Damage evaluation is conducted. In order to accurately evaluate the extent of the damage, your insurance adjuster may hire appraisers, engineers, or contractors to lend their expert advice. Once the evaluation is complete, your adjuster will provide you with a list of preferred vendors to help with repairs. You’re not obligated to hire these vendors, but it can save you a good deal of time and
- 05: Payment is arranged. After repairs have been completed and lost or damaged items have been replaced, your adjuster will contact you regarding settlement of your claim and payment. The amount of time it takes to receive payment will depend on the complexity and severity of your situation.
For more information, contact us below: